1.- I suffer from hypoacidity :
When there is no proper secretion of digestive juices you can feel discomfort during, and after the meals because digestion can not be done properly.
You need foods that stimulate the digestive and bile secretions:
- Sour flavuors: fermented food, lemon juice, umeboshi plum, umeboshi vinegar … The citric acid in lemons increases the production of hydrochloric acid, improving digestive activity.
- Lightly spicy food: onions, garlic, ginger, radishes, turnips …
- Take a salty soup as a first course. Sodium stimulates the secretion of gastric juices needed for digestion. Miso soup is ideal for these cases.
- After eating a ginger tea will help you enjoy the afternoon!
2.- I suffer from hyperacidity:
Excessive production of gastric juices can also cause discomfort. This disorder occurs specially between meals, when your stomach is empty. Food consumption, however decreases acidity, as the gastric juices available are used to break down the food.
In this case, you need foods to reduce digestive secretions:
- Astringent flavors: lentils, beans, cabbage, broccoli, apples, pears, … improve hyperacidity as they reduce the flow of secretions.
- Raw cabbage juice will also help. Cabbage acts as a natural antacid and also help in the healing of ulcers caused by excess acid. It is best taken on an empty stomach, before meals.
- The umeboshi plum is one of the best antiacids. Try to take 1/2 a plum or a teaspoon of the pasta and see how you will feel much better!
- You can have the ume-sho-kuzu drink or ume-sho-bancha after your lunch. These drinks will help your digestion and reduce acidity.
3.- I have too much gas:
- To reduce gas, chewing is essential, especially when you eat complex carbohydrates. When you chewing your grain properly, it reaches the stomach partially digested and thereby will be easier to digest.
- Do not forget fermented foods: miso and sauerkraut are an extra supply of enzymes and an ally for your intestinal health.
- And remember to avoid taking fruit in your meals, especially as a dessert. Fruit is basically water, and its digestion is much faster than other foods, causing fermentation and gas.
- After eating an infusion of fennel, coriander, cumin or anise will definately help!
4.- I feel anxiety after eating, I am always hungry:
First of all, make sure you’re including enough protein on your plate. Lentils, chich peas and all kinds of beans will provide good quality protein and leave you satisfied.
Do not forget to include sweet flavours in your meals. Good quality sweet food should always be included, from the first course to the last. How?, Simple …
- You can include vegetables like squash, carrots and sweet potatoes in the preparation of your soups.
- Oven bake sweet vegetables like parsnips, carrots, onion, squash, sweet potatoes … they’ll be delicious!
- Blanche vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower to bring sweetness and freshness to your dishes.
- And choose the sweetest grains like rice or millet.
Always finish your meal with some pickles, not only they have pro biotic properties, but they also reduce the desire for sweets.
The ideal tea for you: sweet vegetable drink. It will help regulate your glucose levels and reduce your anxiety and desire to continue eating.